This privacy statement explains how The Club@ Out of School Clubs collect and use your personal information.
What personal information we collect and process:
We collect relevant information about children and their parents/carers such as names, date of birth, contact and emergency information, and health care/additional needs, to allow us to provide the correct help and support to meet the vital interest and individual needs of each child in our care and to ensure the children and safe and secure in the play environment. The Club@ is under a legal obligation to collect this information to comply with our Care Inspectorate registration.
Where we collect personal information from:
We collect information from you and your child(ren) and, with your/your child’s express permission, from (if relevant) social work, your child’s Named person and any other services who are involved in their care and support. Information may be shared between agencies where legislation allows for this, as in the case of possible Child Protection concerns.
How we use your personal information:
We use your personal information to:
- deliver our services to you and meet our legal and regulatory responsibilities as set by The Care Inspectorate
- verify your identity where this is required
- communicate by post, email or telephone
- understand needs and how they may be met
- maintain records
How we store your personal information:
All personal information is stored safely and securely in locked filing cabinets with access to authorised personnel only. All personal information stored electronically is held on secure and protected devices. If a data breach was to occur, all affected parties would be informed along with the Information Commissioners Office and a full investigation would be carried out.
Who we share your personal information with:
We share your personal information with third parties such as the Care Inspectorate, Social Work, Police Scotland and your child’s Named Person where there is a Child Protection concern or where relevant legislation requires us to do. We will never share your personal information with any third party for the purpose of business or marketing.
If you do not provide your personal information:
If you do not provide us with the personal information required we may be unable to deliver our services to you.
How long we retain your personal information for:
Information will be kept for as long as necessary to meet Care Inspectorate and other regulatory requirements. In determining retention periods, reference will be made to guidance issued by relevant professional and regulatory bodies. If the period of retention of the personal data expires the data will be confidentially destroyed.
- Access to your information – You have the right to request a copy of your personal information that we hold.
- Correcting your information – We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
- Deletion of your information – You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent (see Withdrawing consent to using your information below).
- You have validly objected to our use of your personal information (see Objecting to how we may use your information below).
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
Objecting to how we may use your information:
You have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information for general matters, such as keeping you updated on club news.
Restricting how we may use your information:
In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. The right might apply where this is no longer a basis for using your personal information but you don't want us to delete the data. Where this right to validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Withdrawing consent to using your information:
Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
Please contact us in any of the ways set out in the Contact information and further advice section if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
Changes to our privacy statement:
We keep this privacy statement under regular review and it will be updated from time to time. Paper copies of the privacy statement may also be obtained by request from firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy statement was last updated on 23 May 2018
Contact information and further advice:
If you require further information please contact Emily Gibson on 07751685527 at email@example.com
We seek to directly resolve all complaints about how we handle personal information, however, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, whose contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner's Office
45 Melville Street
Telephone - Tel: 0303 123 1115
Website - https://ico.org.uk/concerns